Tom has practised as a commercial lawyer for 13 years, predominantly in litigation and dispute resolution. In 2005 and 2006, he was a judge’s associate to two Supreme Court justices and he then joined a large city law firm. In 2010 Tom moved to Iles Selley, a specialist dispute resolution practice, and became a partner there in 2016. In 2016 - 2017, Tom was the editor of both the Law Society of South Australia Judgment Scheme and the Caseweek publication, a weekly review of the most significant cases delivered in Commonwealth and South Australian courts.
Tom’s skills as a commercial legal advisor are diverse. He has expertise in:
• Contractual disputes and interpretation
• Partnership and shareholder disputes
• Professional indemnity insurance
• Restraints of trade and competition issues
• Property and lease disputes and related negotiations
• Property disputes in the Family Court involving high
• Trust disputes and claims in equity
• Contested deceased estates
These practice areas perfectly complement the work we do, so Tom’s move to our firm is a natural step. Tom is also excited about the opportunity to expand his expertise into transaction-based legal advice as well. His past experience makes him well placed to advise on risk-minimisation and related strategies for business clients.